100 Years of History
Mallory Sonalert has been headquartered in Indianapolis, IN
since 2002. While we may seem a relatively young company,
Mallory Sonalert is the present form of a company history dating
back 100 years.
The Mallory story began with the founding of P.R. Mallory Co. in
1916, which manufactured tungsten wire light bulb filaments.
Throughout the years, the company diversified and patented many
electronic components including batteries and capacitors,
notably the tantalum capacitor in 1946. Through the 1940s when
electronic gadgets captured the imaginations of people
worldwide, Mallory was leading the way in development of
components for this industry and developing a strong reputation
The history of the Sonalert device began in the early 1960s when
Bronson Potter was issued a patent for the first practical
electronic audible alarm device. When Mallory purchased the
rights to this technology, they quickly began production of the
SC628 alarm models the following year. That component became the
very foundation of the products engineered even today.
In the last few years, Mallory has continued to be a reliable source in
the innovation of new products for consumer electronics goods.
We currently hold 12 active patents including those for our
microcontroller technology used within alarms. We have also
developed new technology such as back up alarms, alarms with
terminal block terminations, IEC60601-1-8 compliant alarms,
alarms for hazardous environments, and a new miniature speaker
line all of which provide our customers with unprecedented
options to generate alarm sounds.
Through the years, ownership of the company has changed, the
technology surrounding us has changed, and our product lines
have expanded and diversified, but our commitment to detail and
quality has remained the same. A century after it
was conceived, Mallory Sonalert carries the PR Mallory torch and
a leadership role in the electronics industry. Its strong-willed
employees will see that it remains at the forefront for decades